Open Call: TRUMPED UP
Gallery Luperca in Nashville, TN is seeking submissions for TRUMPED UP: Art About The Donald. We’ve all witnessed the spectacle that is the 2016 presidential primary race. It’s been a befuddling circus of televised debates, twitter arguments, suspect polling data, and tiny hands that has left most Americans asking, “How did the Donald make it this far?” As the primary season draws to a close, it’s time for artists to focus their keen sensibilities on the Republican frontrunner in order to reveal just how strange, troubling and ridiculous this picture is fast becoming. Portraits, cartoons, lampoons, bling, stupid hats, #hairgoals…you name it…if it relates to Trump, it has a place in this exhibition.
July 9-August 6, 2016…on display during Republican National Convention
Opening Reception, Saturday July 9th 6-9pm
Open to all U.S. artists 18 and over
1. Each artist may submit up to 5 works for consideration. Fee: $5 per artwork
2. Images should be saved in JPG format, in the proper orientation, 1200 pixels long dimension.
3. Video works may be submitted as youtube or Vimeo links.
4. Maximum size for 2-D artwork is 72” in any dimension.
5. Maximum weight for 3-D artwork is 75lbs.
6. Include a Word or PDF file containing artist contact information, titles, dimensions, and materials for work submitted.
7. All entries should be submitted to the email
8. Additional information will be gathered from accepted artists.
Example artist: John SMITH
Images should be labeled as follows:
SMITH_John_01.jpg, SMITH_John_02.jpg, SMITH_John_03.jpg, etc.
$5 per artwork
Artists are responsible for shipping/delivery of work to Gallery Luperca. All shipped artwork should arrive in reusable packaging with a clearly labelled return address. Gallery Luperca will cover the cost of return shipping of any unsold work after the exhibition.
Gallery Luperca reserves the right to reject any delivered works that differ significantly from the images submitted, exceed size limitations, or are not properly prepared for hanging.
Submission deadline: June 18, 2016 @ 11:59pm
Notification sent to artists: June 22
Work received at the gallery: June 27-July 6
Opening reception: July 9, 2016
Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org…Subject: TRUMPED
Attach DOC or PDF file with contact, title, media information.
Payment via Paypal to email@example.com…$5 per artwork submitted